The rooms are in need of refurbishment, although overall not bad. The rooms smell of dampness, including the sofa, but if you leave it to air all day, the smell disappears, and, of course, you can’t put anything on the sofa (it’s time to replace it). The door to the bathroom is arranged so that you either open the door or sit on the toilet. The door to the shower room is designed so that the water flows out of the shower room. There are no slippers in the room, there are bathrobes, ironing board and iron. There are no alcohol dispensers due to the pandemic. The sleep in our room (755, with a side view of the sea and the bay - a gorgeous view) with excellent pillows, was terrible, or rather, there was practically no sleep, because from the bar opposite from evening until morning the music screamed madly and the road passes nearby . You can hear the music even when the balcony is closed, and this is the 7th floor (not to mention the fact that everyone came to breathe fresh air, and not the dampness of the room). We contacted the reception - they know about the problem, but do not want to deal with it. For a hotel of this level, this is outrageous! So you should understand that all rooms from 1st to 8th floor with a side view of the sea and the bay are rooms that have a magnificent panoramic view, but it is not possible to sleep there. I suspect that there is some kind of conflict between the owner of the bar and the hoteliers (not only this hotel suffers), as the music turns on around 22.00 and turns off around 8.30, as per schedule. Replacing the number will also be problematic, everything that was offered to us and for a surcharge, including was even worse. . For information, almost all rooms on the 8th floor (except for a few with sea views) do not have a balcony.
The food at the hotel is generally good. In addition to the main restaurant, there are 5 a la carte restaurants that you can visit without a reservation an unlimited number of times. The food in the main restaurant is good, but compared to the Riu Palace Riviera Maya (rested in May 2021) less varied and more scarce.
The service is specific from the reception to the beach. Everything is aimed at forcing a tip. For example, in the morning there are no umbrellas on the beach, and until you ask for them at the beach, they won’t be, although normally you should come to the beach and there should already be umbrellas. Of course, you are not obliged to tip, he will still reluctantly bring you an umbrella, just like the waiter reluctantly (without a tip) will bring you a cocktail or in the main restaurant with a tip you will have super service and a table closer to the sea, and if without a tip then , in some cases, you will be told that tables closer to the sea are already occupied. Of course, if you tip, the rumor about you reaches everyone and you are greeted as a native. I'm for tips (agree 1-5 dollars is a trifle), but I prefer to give them at the behest of my heart, and not under duress to buy the favor of the attendants. This should not happen in hotels of this level!
The beach is not big, but there is enough space for everyone and sun loungers, too, at any time (no need to borrow in the morning). The sea is clean - bases of algae, unlike the sea on the other side of the spit. Merchants walk along the beach, but they are not intrusive.
Excellent aqua aerobics (with a fairly serious load) and volleyball, fun animation by the pool. Thanks to Gabriella and the other animation guys. You are great!
The hotel is trying very hard to protect against COVID-19 - everyone is wearing masks, everything is washed, cleaned, disinfected, they are not allowed into restaurants and lobbies without masks, the temperature is checked every day at the entrance to the restaurant.
It's up to you to go to this hotel or not, but if you go, I recommend rooms with direct sea views only.
1) The territory of the hotel is very small, there is practically none.
2) There are cockroaches in the rooms, though they didn’t run in a crowd, but they crushed a couple of pieces.
3) In restaurants for dinner, you must pre-register two days in advance.
4) The hotel is densely populated with people around, although in principle there was enough space.
5) The beach strip is narrow, you can find free sunbeds, but the best ones are engaged from morning to evening.
6) After lunch, the sun begins to set somewhere behind the hotel and almost the entire beach strip in the afternoon is covered with a shadow from the hotel.
7) There is a jacuzzi but the water in it is hot 40 degrees and very chlorinated it is impossible to swim.
8) The hotel knows Russian at the level Hi How are you. There is nothing in Russian, channels, menus, in the spa they try very hard to sell you their services but they can’t do anything with the language. By the way, this applies to the entire resort, even in stores when you say rush stop trying to persuade you. They speak good English, French, Spanish native.
9) an oilcloth is not very comfortable to sleep on the mattress. There are no bathrobes and slippers in the room.
10) the antediluvian safe on the key, our friends from the next room had the key to our safe and ours to theirs. Maybe it happened, but they decided not to risk it.
From the pros:
1) Not a bad location of the hotel, almost everything is within walking distance.
2) Quiet, spacious.
3) Wi-Fi in the reception area in the hall is free
4) The sea is amazing turquoise.
5.2 pools near one animators work all day
6) waiters offer drinks throughout the territory and on the beach.
7) there are no drunks, small children do not run under your feet, you rest.
8) food 10 points drinks too
9) cleaning daily change of linen every three days towels daily, mini bar daily coffee maker in the room
10) In the evening, the show program is worthy of attention
11) The possibility of visiting the neighboring Rio Cancun hotel, we can not visit them. This is true for young people, they have discos in the evenings.
11) Safe in the room for free
12) The presence of balconies in all rooms.
13) Air conditioner + fan
14)On the floor ice maker
15) Room service 24 hours
16) the possibility of ordering food in the room.
17) iron and ironing board.
18) all A la Carte restaurants, all bars in the hotel are free, mini bar in the room too.
19) the absence of strangers in the hotel and on the beach.
P. S. In the evening for dinner there is a dress code for men; shorts, T-shirt, flip flops, sweatpants are not allowed, so think about your man having something to go to dinner : ) Ladies are also smart in evening dresses, but this is optional: ) In general, the hotel is worthy of attention! I recommend it if you decide to relax in Cancun! Have a nice stay!
P. S. Everything written above is my personal opinion. Therefore, I see no point in arguing the above.