We bought airline tickets from EMIRATES and got ready to wait for this beautiful day of our flight to the island of the kingdom of tea and Labradoodles.
On the calendar on December 31, everyone runs around the shops and prepares for the New Year.
And we (my beloved and I) flew out of St. Petersburg in anticipation of the wedding. New Year on the plane met very cheerfully. A lot of young people flew, the guys recorded the chimes in advance and the girls had a Christmas tree-shaped postcard. We had all the attributes of the classic New Year on board the plane. I really liked that I want to constantly meet him just like that. The flight was successful, and now our wonderful Larisa meets us at the airport.
"VILLE LARISA" is a hotel in which the love of Larisa and her sweetest daughter Yana is invested in every stone. There are no duplicate numbers, all numbers are exclusive. Very beautiful. We had a room with sugar wood furniture with amazing Candian paintings. Very well maintained garden with swimming pool. I have never lived so close to the ocean, at night you can hear the sound of the waves. So romantic. Got up in the morning, 20 seconds and you're in the ocean. I have never seen such unique waves anywhere else (although I travel quite a lot). Our whole hotel just did not get out of the water all day, we all rode the waves - just lovely.
Larisa took us on excursions: to Kandy, Negombo, Galle Fort. These are unforgettable places, once again confirming that Sri Lanka is an unusual and unforgettable country. Unfortunately, due to lack of time, we did not visit many more interesting places: Sigiriya, Yala National Park, Adam's Peak. I advise tourists who are going to fly to Sri Lanka to take at least 3 weeks to capture all the beauty.
The wedding was on the 5th day of our stay in Sri Lanka, the whole ceremony took place at the hotel, where a representative of the municipality arrived. The ceremony itself was unforgettable, it is very difficult to describe and convey in words all the beauty. The groom was led by Kandyan dancers in red and white costumes with numerous bracelets on their legs and arms. They performed beautiful national dances accompanied by the sounds of drums. An inseparable part of the ceremony is the blessing of Buddhist monks, who recited mantras and knitted a rope around their wrists. Young girls sang, the host of the ceremony played the violin. They lit a tree of happiness and home comfort. Special thanks to Solomon (our best man) cut the coconut the first time, which means that the newlyweds will have a happy life. Then the official representative of the municipality registered our union. A wagon was already waiting for us below, for a trip through the streets of the fishing village of Maravilla, accompanied by Candian dancers, explosions of firecrackers to the ocean shore. In the evening, we had a delicious festive dinner with delicious seafood.
Thanks for the hospitality to Larisa, Yana and Solomon. We will definitely come to you to celebrate our anniversary!
- the hotel is located in a VERY picturesque and not inhabited by tourists place, a great opportunity to get acquainted with the real life of a fishing village (what are the farewells, meetings of fishermen and counting the catch "the whole street"!!! )!
- the locals are incredibly friendly, sociable and, surprisingly, not intrusive;
- the territory of the hotel is small, neat and well-groomed (the photos of the hotel on the site really correspond to reality, only now the hotel has become greener and more comfortable);
- the rooms are cozy;
- the ocean, even stormy, brings pleasant surprises (for example, a turtle or "unidentified objects" - see photo);
- sand on the beach in the form of "streaks" of three colors: red, black and yellow! By the way, all these are rare earth elements that are part of minerals: zircon, rutile, monazite, ilmenite, and also granite!
- incredibly beautiful sunsets!!!
And now, unfortunately, for the cons:
- first of all, the inappropriate behavior of the manager (Solomon): it was somewhat unexpected to hear, in response to a request to repair a leaking shower, a recommendation to move to another hotel if something does not suit us (by the way, the inspector from Coral was a witness to the conflict). We admit that on the eve of "strongly strained" the hotel staff with a request to rearrange the child's bed from the air conditioner blowing on it!
- food. . . what was served for breakfast and dinner can hardly be called restaurant food! Occasionally, Solomon's mother saved the situation - in this case, vacationers received dishes of good national cuisine;
- and one more thing, the beach: they were very surprised why there are no photos of the beach on the sites... Now, we hope there will be... By the way, from the hotel to the beach, indeed, 100-150 meters. Only first you need to cross the road (I wonder why the site says that the hotel is located on the first line?! ), and then make your way between the fence and a half-abandoned store (see the exit to the beach against the sunset in the photo). The beach itself fits well between two garbage cans and perfectly combines 3 umbrellas and 2 collapsing trestle beds. . .
This, in fact, ends the negative impressions! We tried to run into the manager as little as possible (as, admittedly, he did with us), walked a lot, met the locals, admired the sunsets... In general, we tried to get the most pleasure, which we managed, especially considering the first part of our holiday: a seven-day tour across the country (remained fabulously satisfied and highly recommended)!
Just before leaving, Solomon even helped us with the purchase of local fruits (because of the holiday, we couldn’t buy everything that we planned for hotels)... So, one cannot say that everything was terrible, but the sediment was not good (to put it mildly! ) Remained. . .
This hotel is best suited, in our opinion, for people who face language problems and / or like to make new friends on vacation and spend time in close company of vacationers...